Job Purpose Statement:
Supports Management in achieving revenue, service and compliance goals by performing a range of Professional level duties. Includes supporting defined ‘people’ processes (PR audits, coaching, briefings etc), analysing and reporting operational clearance issues/results/requirements, participating in continuous improvement initiatives and supporting change processes.
Assists the Manager in ensuring optimum use of available manpower and resources and in implementing P & P and best practices that protect FedEx’s exposure to duty and tax bad debt. Deputises for the Manager when required, by attending meetings, delivering briefings etc.Key Result Areas/Accountabilities:
1. Supports the Manager in achieving optimum individual and team performance through effective and consistent application of approved processes, methods and practices. Includes clearly communicating requirements and providing accurate information and feedback to individuals and teams regarding performance expectations, targets and achievements.
2. Ensures optimum application of standard processes and regulatory requirements by working alongside individuals and the Team to observe compliance with best practices. Uses established methods to audit and document results for defined areas. Provides employee feedback and coaching as needed to achieve required standards/compliance. Keeps the Manager updated on progress made and issues encountered.
3. Monitors and/or reports on defined aspects of regulatory compliance for an assigned area in order to identify any gaps with P&P and regulatory requirements. Provides accurate and timely feedback to the Manager including recommending specific actions to achieve/exceed operational targets/requirements. Includes continually promoting the importance of quality and legal fitness and advising employees and Customers on relevant requirements and actions needed for their specific business.
4. Supports the Manager in identifying training needs for the individual/team/ department by analysing operational performance results/statistics and by reviewing employee and team performance against key service indicators. Provides agreed on job training or coaching to individuals and the team in order to achieve optimum work effectiveness and employee motivation. Documents and provides specific and appropriate feedback to individuals and to the Manager.
5. Participates in assigned continuous improvement and revenue generation initiatives. Includes benchmarking with Customers and relevant areas of the FedEx business, prior to developing and recommending actions. Supports the implementation of change within the workgroup by communicating, instructing, monitoring and measuring defined aspects of the initiative in accordance with defined parameters. Liases with other relevant functions/areas to provide information and gain support to actions needed.
6. Supports Sales in closing business and retaining Customers by leading/supporting the process to implement brokerage solutions that satisfy the specific needs of Customers and prospects whilst respecting the interests of FedEx, and complying with statutory and legislative requirements. Pro-actively identifies business opportunities.
7. Assists the Manager in reviewing and planning defined elements of the operation (shift patterns, overtime, equipment renewal/repair, allocation of duties etc). Includes collating and analysing information and creating realistic and workable plans. On a daily basis allocates, monitors and controls the flow of work to ensure departmental targets and standards are met.
8. Supports the Manager by performing a range of analytical and administrative duties including collation, analysis and distribution of confidential operational information plus creating and updating computerised and manual records, whilst complying with ISO and regulatory standards.
9. Develops and maintains an effective network of contacts within FedEx, Customer, local Customs and authorities, who can facilitate and influence problem resolution and goal achievement. Works with these contacts at appropriate times to achieve optimum results for the business and it’s Customers. Includes providing technical expertise and advice relating to all types of customs related subjects and providing feedback and assistance to improve service levels and customer satisfaction.
10. Develops/maintains and in-depth working knowledge of relevant Customs and trade regulations and FedEx operational procedures whilst keeping current on all relevant EU and National legislation. Ensures all departmental documentation is kept current and communicated to the team. As required supports/leads discussions with Customs and regulatory bodies on clearance related matters, including achieving resolution of issues of all levels of complexity and gaining acceptance of procedural changes or contingency arrangements.